Well planned water connections are vital to ensure commercial and industrial development projects are completed on time and on budget.
With our extensive knowledge and experience in applications for new water and wastewater connections, we can help you navigate the complex process.
Reviewing the application
We liaise with the water wholesaler, Scottish Water, on your behalf - this is the organisation responsible for the water and sewerage network in Scotland. We undertake a robust assessment of applications for new connections to ensure all information is correct, this covers:
- Water and sewer connections
- Approval of water and sewer network mains or upgrades
- Temporary water supply and water for construction purposes
- Disconnections of existing water supplies
We also provide a range of expert services relating to the new connections process, this includes:
- Desktop appraisal of plans, drawings and existing utility plans for the site and surrounding area
- Soil investigations including trial holes to ensure the correct type of pipe is used
- Water and drainage impact assessments to ascertain the development’s impact on the existing network
- Topographical and underground surveys to create a plan of your site including underground services
- Water network and connection design services (including WIRS)
- Water mains and sewer installation
- Network upgrades including pumping stations
- Pressure and flow tests to check networks prior to commissioning
- Tankered water supply to allow work to proceed prior to water network commissioning or due to interruption in supply.
We can provide guidance, support and expert advice at every stage of the process, from application to connection, and will work with you to find the solution that best suits your business. We also offer an end-to-end service where we take responsibility for the full water connection process.
Contact us on UUScotlandConnections@uuplc.co.uk